Customer service requires a great deal of what psychologists call “emotional labor”. How can we give our very best to our customers to ensure business success while maintaining our wellbeing at the same time?
- The difference between “surface acting” and “deep acting” and why it matters in work. . .and life.
- How to set healthy boundaries by putting your and your employees’ wellbeing before your customer.
- Behavior Design techniques that can help you better serve your customer with less stress.
Wed, May 30 12:15 PM to 1:15 PM
To register, go HERE
Date(s) - Wed, May 30, 2018
12:15 pm - 1:30 pm
Location & Directions
The Business Incubator Center
In order to reserve a spot in any class/workshop you must register and pay before the class begins. It's highly recommended to register and pay for a class/workshop ahead of time to reserve your seat and guarantee that class materials are available.
Cancellation Policy: If a class/workshop is canceled by the Business Incubator Center, those who’ve registered and paid will receive a full refund, or the opportunity to credit their registration & fee to another class. The Business Incubator Center reserves the right to modify, withdraw or make substitutions for any announced classes and to change instructors.
Class Withdrawal: Participant requested withdrawals must be made a minimum of 3 business days prior to the start of class/workshop. To request a withdrawal from a class/workshop please call 970-243-5242.
- Refunds are available, minus a $10 administrative fee only if notice of withdrawal is given at least 3 business days prior to the start of the class.
- Withdrawals/refunds are not available once a class/workshop begins.
- Credit card transactions will be credited to the original card used.
- Refund checks will be mailed for cash or check transactions. This process takes 3 to 4 weeks.
Refund Policy: The Business Incubator Center does not offer full refunds once a person has registered and paid for a class/workshop. If for some reason the participant cannot take the class on the scheduled day and has not given notice to the Business Incubator Center 3 business days prior to the class, the participant will not receive any refund but the participant will be credited for a future class/workshop of the same cost.
For example a participant registers and pays $50 for the How to Start a Business Class, if the participant calls and cancels 3 days before the class, they are refunded $40. If the participant calls the day before the class, the participant will not receive any refund but will be credited for a How to Start a Business Class or any other workshop that is of a $50 value.
The SBDC is partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration. SBA’s funding is not an endorsement of any products, opinions or services. SBA funded programs are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis.