How to Start a Business in Western Colorado
This 2.5-hour workshop provides an overview of everything you need to know to start and grow your business.
- Business licensing requirements
- Trade name search
- Legal structure selection
- State registration
- Local licensing requirements
- The business planning process
- And financing options
Completion of this workshop unlocks access to the Fast Tracs Business Basics Series. The Fast Tracs program is a series of five rotating, 1-hour classes that delve deeper into popular startup topics.
- Market Research
- Cash Flows
- Internet Strategies
- Business Planning
Classes are held on a rotating basis. Please see our event calendar for dates and times.
- Fee: $55 | Registering two or more people from the same business? Call our office to receive a discount.
- Registration Link: https://clients.coloradosbdc.org/workshop.aspx?ekey=90400031
- Julie MoreyGrand Junction SBDC Director
Raised by an entrepreneur in Moab, Utah, Julie grew up around family-owned businesses including skating rinks, sanitation services and telecommunications companies. She obtained her business degree through Mesa State College’s School of Professional Studies, has owned two businesses and has been Director of the Grand Junction Small Business Development Center (SBDC) since 1995. Julie was recipient of the Colorado Small Business Development Centers State Star Award in 2009 and her program ranked number one in economic impact among the 14 Colorado SBDC programs in 2012.